Lime Tree Hotel Limited (also referred to below as ‘we’ or ‘us’) fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations and associated legislation.
Collection and use of personal information
We do not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer. We may collect and process the following data:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites limetreehotel.co.uk and thebookingbutton.com/properties/limetreedirect (typically, name, address, telephone number, email address and payment card details).
- This may include information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our site, posting material on our site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion or when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your bookings or orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- Data entered on our website including non-submitted (or ‘abandoned’) data.
Any information, which you provide in any of these ways, is not made available to any third parties, and is used by us only in accordance with the purpose for which you provided it.
However, should you wish to delete or disable the cookies, you can do so by referring to the ‘Help’ option on the menu bar of your browser. This will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies; notify you when you receive new cookies; and disable cookies altogether.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the UK and/or in written format stored securely on site at our trading address.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your personal data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
Retaining and deleting personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to carry out our contractual obligations to you, to carry out marketing activities that you have consented to or to comply with our legal obligations.
We will securely delete your personal data, including contact information and payment card details, when it is no longer required.
Providing your personal data to others
We will never disclose your personal data to third parties, except where it is essential for carrying out our contract with you. As such, financial transactions relating to our services are handled by our payment services provider (Clydesdale Merchant Services). We will share transaction data with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with any complaints and queries relating to them.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and you will usually be asked to expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for such activities. However, if you have stayed with us within the last 3 years we may deem consent to have been given implicitly, provided that the data we retain does not exceed the minimum requirements for, and is not used for anything other than, specific marketing purposes in accordance with PECR regulations.
You can opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, either by clicking the unsubscribe link in any of our email communications or contacting us directly.
You also have the right to ask what personal information we hold about you and you have the right to request removal of this data (to the extent that it does not conflict with our statutory obligations on record keeping). All such requests should be directed to [email protected] and will be dealt with in a timely manner. We reserve the right to charge a nominal £10 fee to cover the administrative costs of processing such requests.
Third party websites
Any external links from our site to other websites are clearly identifiable as such. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Contact and changes